Friday, September 14, 2007

The Great Marketing Mix(up)!!!!!

I had heard from my brother and cousins about Kotler being the great marketing guru, but little did I know that he would be there in my life so soon and in such a large way (the buk is around 710 odd pages n weighs around 2 kilos!!!!). Anyways if life gives it, u have to take it, and that we did....... With the monstrous book to cover and less than 12 hrs of total study time to devote (u see there r so many things to do like playing NFS and motoGP, chatting with friends at other places, orkutting.......u just dont get enough time to study) need arousal and problem recognition stage had already come and gone. Now the information search was on for alternatives. The different ideas that crossed the mind at that time ranged from studying the entire book in a continuous stretch of 10-12 hours to committing suicide(yes!! even that idea crossed my mind for a fleeting second, with having done nothing a day before the exam). At this stage of information search one of my friends pinged me (personal information source) and it struck me to ask him for ppts. (which he immediately sent, a friend in need is a friend indeed!!!!). On evaluating the alternatives, I found that both the extremes would have been equally challenging. However, I decided to settle for much less. Now that a (purchase) decision had been, I was struck with the famous J.K. dilemma of GC (which slide to do first and which ones to leave for the next day). Consequently, time flew as quickly as it does when our Jiggy bhai sits with his laptop using the 'softwares'(u see he's never satisfied and complains about shortage of time). There I was with less than one hour to go and 3 chapters remaining and then it came to my mind that I had also made class notes (which were quite better than the photocopied ones that the others are reading). So out came the IIFT's notepad with all my golden work in it and the 3 chapters just went smoothly. Finally, the hour of reckoning arrived and I entered the hall on the 8th floor. But wait is there an exam for the faculty as well??? (the entire IIFT faculty was there for invigilation). After another round of JK dilemma regarding my seat, I finally settled. The 2 hours that followed, witnessed me assuming the role of a student (Questions 1 and 4), an advisor(question3), an analyst(Q5) and a sales head (who puts his boss, Mr. Arijit Sen, into the JK dilemma with the weird yet innovative marketing solutions). After much fight the exam finally came to an end.
Don't know much, but only wish that our beloved professor stays healthy after reading the answer scripts. As for Mr. Kotler, its goodbye to him as the new theories of marketing management have finally emerged ( courtesy me!!!!)

2 comments:

M0h1t said...

sehr Gut P2P !! keep it up.

Abrar said...

hey awesome work...good use of JK Dilemma of GC....the article was not P2P though ;)